These 17 Basic Bo Combinations are a set of kobudo kihon or basics. Kobudo is the use of traditional Okinawan Weapons including the rokushaku bo (6′ staff). These 17 basic bo combinations are composed of different sets of combinations of bo blocks and strikes.[Note: The photos below are freeze frames from the live action practice video so they are not as perfect as if they were specifically posed photos for each move.]
17 Bo Combinations
Do these combinations on both sides, stepping forward right then left into kumite-dachi (unless otherwise noted) with normal hand switches only.
Down, Up, Down Combinations
1) Down, Up (same side), Down
2) Down, Up (same side), Down, Side, Side
3) Down, Up (same side), Down, Row, Row
4) Down, Up (same side), Down, Side, Side, Up, Down
Side Nagamine Combinations
5) Side Strike, Nagamine Strike
6) Nagamine Strike, Side Strike
7) Down Strike, Thrust
8) Slash, Thrust
9) Soto Uke, Thrust
10) Thrust, Soto Uke
11) Sand Flip, Thrust
Head and Foot Combinations
12) Fuso Strike, Down Strike
13) Ankle Sweep, Foot Poke
Nagamine / Groin Combinations
14) Groin Strike, Nagamine Strike, Groin Strike
15) High Block, Nagamine Strike, Groin Strike
Back Front Combinations
16) Jab Back, Thrust
17) Jab Back, Thrust, Side, Side
If you enjoyed this post please let us know with a comment below, subscribe to our blog, share the post, visit our sponsors and bookmark and use our Amazon.com link the next time you buy anything on Amazon!
We may earn a small fee from the links on this site, at NO additional cost to you.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Arigato Gozaimasu (Thank You Very Much!)
-Renshi Mike Scaramozzino